- Youth Beginning Ballet (Ages 4-6) This class is geared towards students with 0-1 year of dance experience. Syllabus is based on Tempo-Level-Energy and Shapes, a nationally acclaimed program for early ballet training. Students learn basic ballet technique, build muscular strength and endurance, and learn socialization and classroom etiquette in an environment that encourages imagination and love of artistic movement to music.
- Youth Beginning Ballet (Ages 6-11) This class is for students with 0-2 years of dance experience. Syllabus is based on Royal Academy of Dance training and Tempo-Level-Energy and Shapes, a nationally acclaimed program for early ballet training. Students learn classical ballet technique through barre and floor exercises while building muscular strength and mental acuity. Proper dance posture and classroom etiquette are emphasized.
- Youth Intermediate Ballet (Ages 7-12) or (10-17) This class is designed for students with 2+ years of dance experience who attend 2 or more classes per week. Syllabus is based on Royal Academy of Dance standard. Students continue learning classical ballet technique and vocabulary while building muscular strength and mental acuity through barre and floor exercises.
- Youth Ballet/Jazz (Ages 7-12) This class is designed for students with 0-2 years of dance experience. Syllabus is based on the Royal Academy of Dance Standard. Students learn basic ballet technique and vocabulary through barre and floor exercises. Jazz isolation, limbering, and basic combination are taught in the jazz portion of class.
- Youth Tap & Ballet Combination (Ages 5-8) or (Ages 4-6) An introduction to Tap dancing for the young beginner, with an emphasis on learning how to make different sounds with the feet and what those sounds are called. Ballet consists of the very basics. Various types of music are used.
- Youth Tap & Jazz Combination (Ages 7-13) Covering the basics as well as learning new steps and combinations. Emphasis on learning and identifying steps correctly and distinguishing the different styles of Tap and Jazz dancing. Various types of music are used.
TEEN & ADULT CLASSES
- Beginning Ballet (Ages 12 & up) Classes include classical ballet training–barre and center work. Class offers an overview of basic vocabulary, proper alignment, and training needed to stabilize the body in order to allow it to move as an instrument of artistic expression. Dancer should bring a notebook to class to help them learn the language of dance and the anatomical laws governing dance movements.
- Beginning/Intermediate Ballet (Ages 12 & up) Exercise progressions are slightly more complicated at this lever but class is still basic with focus on the development of elementary skills: correct stance, positions of the feet, arms, and head used in classical dance. Dancers should bring a notebook to class to help them remember definitions and basic rules.
- Intermediate Ballet (Ages 13 & up) Class proceeds at a faster pace, with more exercise repetitions, and focuses on the development of strength of feet and legs, exercises on demi Pointe, batterie, double pirouettes. More complicated enchainments, work on legs extensions and grand elevation. Recommended for 2nd and 3rd year students who attend more than one class per week.
- Advanced/Intermediate Ballet (Ages 13 & up) More strength and stability required and the ability to remember and demonstrate complex (dance) combinations and changes of weight. Ballet Barre or the entire class may be done on Pointe. Many exercises are on demi Pointe including preparations for multiple and grand pirouettes. Style, suppleness of the arms and torso, work on the technique of beats, more adagio work, and combinations with grand elevation. Preparation for variations. Recommended with 4 or more years training who attend more than 2 ballet classes per week. Introduction to Pointe (Need Instructor’s permission) Basic introduction to Pointe work includes strengthening and stretching exercises for feet and legs and barre work with a few center exercises. Beginning/Intermediate Pointe (Need Instructor’s permission) Barre and center Pointe exercises and basic combinations, preparations for turns, work on turns, introductory variation. Intermediate Pointe & Partnering (Need Instructor’s permission) Barre and center Pointe exercises and basic combinations, pirouettes, turns on the diagonal, variation. Basic partnering/Pas de Deux studies.
- Beginning Tap (Ages 13 & up) An introduction to Tap for the Adult beginner. Emphasis on learning and identifying steps correctly and using various types of music. Will learn to distinguish the different styles of Tap dance.
- Intermediate Tap (11 & up) Focus on Broadway Style and Rhythm Tap Dance combinations and routines, Time Steps, Breaks, And expanding tap dance vocabulary and skills.
- Beginning (Ages 13 & up) This beginning Jazz class involves an introduction to the basic postures, stretches, and fundamental movements of American jazz dance and includes warm-up, stretch, floor work, jazz technique, and across the floor combinations.
- Beginning/Intermediate (Ages 13 & Up) An introduction to the basic postures, stretches, and fundamental movements of American jazz dance. Class format includes a standing warm-up or jazz barre, floor stretches, across the floor progressions, work on balance, turns, and combinations
- Advanced/Intermediate (Ages 13 & up) Standing warm-up, floor or barre stretches, work on technique, balance, strength, coordination, complex port de bras, multiple turns, jumps and more complex combinations; lyrical and traditional styles.
- Dance Exercise (Ages 13 & up) Get in shape, have fun, and lose weight at the same time with this moderately paced workout with low impact aerobic dance moves, body toning with light weights, bands, and stretches to upbeat music.
- Stretch & Tone ( Ages 13 & up) Class includes basic warm-up and beginning level stretching exercises to condition and tone the body with an introduction to Pilate’s floor exercises.
- Beginning Yoga is a vinyasa style class that builds strength, flexibility, and balance while flowing through yoga poses. By moving mindfully and linking breath with movement, you will energize your body and still your mind, leaving class with a calm, peaceful glow. This class will focus on the basics of yoga, safely guiding the beginning student through the poses.
- Advanced Beginner/Intermediate Yoga is for the yoga student who is ready to move on from the slower pace of beginning yoga. This class will offer more challenging poses, but will still offer modifications to students at all experience levels.